Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Like Enrique IgIesias on speed

I love love LOVE The Mars Volta. I think they are, by far, the best music to come out in my lifetime. De-Loused in Comatorium, their fairst album, is a modern classic and something that I have listened to on a daily basis for almost an entire year now. Flawlessly put together (almost too flawlessly, sometimes), it just has this way of transporting me to another plane of existence. Just genius. I urge everyone to go out and buy it right now. It takes some getting used to, thats about the only thing. SO if you don't love it the very first time you listen to it, hang in there!

Now for their second album, Francis the Mute. Its a lot darker than the first one, but just as good. Well, almost.

Okay this post sucks but Im not deleting it bcuz I want the world to know of my utter devotion to TMV. Back to studying International finance. Blughhh. I seriously cannot imagine anyone doing this for a living, and I know a lot of people do.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I seriously HATED De-Loused about the first 10 times I heard it, because it was too heavy, too dark, too everything. But definitely, the more you listen to it the better it gets, and very soon you're at a point where you wonder how you ever lived without it.

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When De-Loused first came out, I heard it a couple of times,because a friend wouldn't stop playing it, and was undeniably impressed by their obvious musical acumen.
However, I really could not get into it. Really not my thing. Dark, heavy, complicated. Bah. (The songs, they are so long.)

-Bren

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home