Sunday, December 31, 2006

06 wrap-up post

I can't believe another year is over. It was a good year, it was a very very good year, so thank you to the powers that be for that. It saw me become more tranquil, and also realize that life has a way of working itself out and that things always happen for the best.

Since I do work in Finance Im going to try and do a quarterly earnings report type thing, but that smacks of effort so I'll break down my year quarter by quarter and write a few sentences on each.

Q1 very uneventful, not much changed, not much happened. I dont think I was v happy with the way things were going.

Q2 - bloody brilliant. It saw me going to India, having the time of my life as usual. I quit my job while there and came back and did nothing, which brings me to...

Q3 - Summer!!!!!!!!!! Saw me get up at noon, watch copious amounts of television on DVD till about 5, and then indulge in summer shenanigans many nights. It was fun, but I knew I needed to get a good job, not just any job. I went for a couple interviews and really wish Id gotten this one job, but things worked out okay and I got a job I really had wanted.

Q4 - serious employment! I started making some very real dough, dough that I can buy houses and cars with. A very fine feeling! Also saw myself not doing a whole lot other than work. Made some friends, some office crushes, and did some very stupid things. Ive said it once and I'll say it again for emphasis - DO NOT VOLUNTEER ANY EXTRA INFORMATION ABOUT YOURSELF, EVER! These people are not your friends, you are here to do a job and they will not hesitate to fuck you over at all. Its not that bad, and Ive come up with some sort of precarious band-aid solution, but the solution is predicated on so many things going right that it really wouldnt surprise me if eveyrthing fell apart in the new year, but I am hoping this is not the case.

Resolutions - I hope I can better myself in every area. Health, job-wise, be a better friend, daughter, granddaughter etc etc. I have a whole bunch of things on the go and for my one very surprise initiative which began so late this yr - I really hope it works out more than anything. I have very high hopes from this.

So to all of you - HAPPY 07!!!!!!! I wish yall good health, peace, joy, contentment, love, and the very best of everything life has to offer. I hope this is your best year yet.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, what's your surprise initiative?

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhh it be top secret. I'll tell you on msn...lol.

jr

4:09 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

can me know, too?

i like it when you blog
post more often

i wish you all the best this year, too, jaya!

and definitely more hangouts are required in 07!

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course you can know too Jen! Though its really nothing...I just made it sound bigger than it is bcuz this blog is mostly for entertainment and noone wants to read ho-hum type things. Yeah totally more hangouts, lets plan something!

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home