Friday, January 05, 2007

Please don't sue me, Prof Rotstein

Mysteries revealed! Well, mostly just the one. And it pertains to the title of my blog.

In third year I took this really great class called Canadian Economic History. There was no textbook, and so we had to buy a bunch of essays from a copy shop to study from instead. And one of those essays was written by my prof, and that essay was called The Alchemy of Wheat and Fur. It basically talked about all the processes that shaped and formed Canada as we know it today, and argued that none were more influential than the fur trade and later farming in prairies. I thought the title was pure genius and decided to call my blog after it.

There, now you know everything about me.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rotstein was awesome. Maybe that's just because it was an economics class that required essays.

--Wrenkin

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rotstein was awesome. But soooo old. We could never hear anything he said. And we had a different prof for the second half of that class (it was a Y course), and even though he was about 50, Rotstein is SO old that Porf#2 had been a TA under Rotstein when he was PhD student at U of T in the 60s.

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only made this post bcuz I was going through some of my old ones and I found a comment from you wondering what the title meant!

What did you think it meant though? Gibberish? An oblique sexual reference? Tell all, Kevan!

Also in the same comment you mention Kangna by Dr Zues, did you ever actually end up downloading it?

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Kangna bcuz it reminds me of clubbing in India. Im sure youll grow to love it to once youve been out a couple times in Delhi...lol.

7:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say Kangna is THE shit!

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adit I am taking full credit for introducing you to Kangna.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home