Thursday, March 15, 2007

I'm pretty sure theres more to life than being really ridiculously good looking...and I plan on finding out what that is

Now Im not a very big fan of makeup, mostly because I have really sensitive skin and I tend to break out at the drop of a hat. The only products I use are black eyeliner and lipgloss. And that too not all the time because I like to line the inner rims of my eyes and so the liner tends to smudge very easily. So I wear it only when I go out. Lipgloss I LOVE, but 85% of the time I wear only the blue Blistex, which, in my opinion, is by far the most amazing lip balm out there.

Now for my picks, Lips and Eyes:

Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey: One word – Amazing. It looks almost black in the tube, but it goes on super super sheer. It has this lovely berry colour and it looks like your lips, only better. The only downside is that it doesn’t last and you have to constantly re-apply but it looks stunning.

The Body Shop Lip and Cheek Stain in Rose Pink: I really like this product. Though I seldom use it on my cheeks, it works really great as a lip stain. Both this and the Clinique product are really sheer and not sticky at all. They sort of feel watery going on. If Im going for shine then I will use MAC’s Clear Lipglass on top. The downside is that Lipglass is extremely sticky and I prefer a product with a watery texture.

Black Eyeliner: In my quest to find out that doesn’t smudge easily, I have tried pretty much everything on the market. If the formula is super smudge free, then it tends to be not very soft and doesn’t really go on at all. If its soft, then usually it will smudge almost immediately. One of the better ones out there is Annabelle Smoothliner, which is great because its really cheap. Some of the also rans are: MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved, and Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Black. Despite what they tell you, Make Up Forever sucks and doesn’t last at all. One surprise discovery is Inglot’s eyeliner in black, but I haven’t had it long enough to put it to the test. For really lovely texture and super black colour all Indian Kajal’s work well, but they smudge a LOT.

For the very rare occasions when I actually need to use concealor etc, I use Christine Schrammek’s Blemish Balm Honey and Special Care Cream. But these are VERY expensive (by my reckoning anyway, around $70 + taxes for 1 oz.), so I maybe use them once every 6 months. I do not use powder or concealor on my face.

Hair:

I use organic shampoo on my hair and never conditioner. If its feeling very dry I put coconut oil in it and shampoo it off the next morning. I usually let my hair air dry but since 80% of the time I wash it in the morning before work this is not an option. I don’t use any product in my hair either, ever. My only indulgence is my styling tools. And these are:

Bespoke Labs T3 Featherweight Hair Dryer: Do not be put off by the steep price tag, this baby is worth every penny. I realize it’s a lot of money to justify especially when one can get dryers for under 10 dollars, but its totally worth it. It really lives up to each one of its claims. It does dry really fast, and while my dull hair has never been my problem it makes my hair really shiny. Also very very soft to the touch and really smooth and non staticy.


Babyliss Pro Professional Solid Ceramic Flat Iron: Works exactly like the T3. ceramic, Ionic, the whole 9 yards. I use this when I let my hair air dry to give it extra shine and make the ends pretty. Also very good for when you want to make your hair curly (which in my case is never) but it has a swivel cord for that very purpose. Again, don’t be put off by the price tag, it works a LOT better than a 30 dollar Wal*Mart straightener.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Oooh! Loving the makeup breakdown. I tend to be really unknowledgeable and lazy when it comes to makeup. As in, I buy whatever seems cheap and catches my eye, and then I use it until it ceases to exist. I appreciate your feedback, lol.

So you really think your blow dryer makes a big difference, huh? I don't even know what kind of blowdryer I'm using. It dries my hair. It tends to make it pouffy, but I figure that's just the nature of my hair? Also, the reason I use the flatiron on it next.

Speaking of which, you flatiron your hair?? Your hair already IS straight!!

I need new eyeliner, and new concealer/base. I will reread this post before I go, hopefully that will help give me an idea of what to look for for once...

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously, the blow dryer will make ALL the difference. Guaranteed. Conventional hair dryers basically work on blowing super hot hair and boiling away the water on your head. The ionic ones work by breaking down the water. It also leaves the hair really really shiny and smooth. Maybe if your flatiron is ceramic it will compensate a bit for the dryer.

I just flatiron the ends sometimes if theyre wonky and crazy, though normally I just blowdry...

Get the Annabelle Smoothliner if youre going to get back eyeliner. Its cheap and it works just as well (if not better) than anything else out there.

jr

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home