Thursday, May 31, 2007

Another one of my dreams is carrying a box of wine on my shoulder like a boombox with "Party!" written on it in black Sharpie

Most of my readership is from/familiar with Toronto, but I will explain anyway. On some TTC subway cars, there is a single seat between the door and the driver booth. Its walled in on both sides and is thus quite private. Id say only about 10% of all subway cars contain this seat. Not surprisingly, it is always taken. One of my dreams has always been to sit in it in the morning rush hour on my ride to work, but was fairly certain it would never happen, because the TTC is extremely crowded at that time. So yesterday I got on at Sheppard and found a seat (a fairly amazing feat in itself) across from the prized single seat. At Lawrence, the occupant of the single seat got up. Big decision time! Should I try and get it, and risk losing both spots in the process? Because I am a "go big or go home" type of person (Im not...if anything, I always take the "go home" option), I lunged for it, and got it!!! This has been my proudest TTC moment till date and definitely one of the highlights of 07. Maybe even my whole life.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

in that case, one of the highlights of my life has been reading and thus vicariously sharing this experience with you.
maybe a new jaya will be born - full of spontaneity and risks!

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Im pretty risk-loving, Im just not spontaneous at all. Like I wouldnt say no to flinging myself off a bridge for kicks, but I would have to schedule months in advance exactly when to do it.

I might make my other dream (ie Box wine on shoulder) come true on my birthday in like 3 weeks. Who says 2007 wont be a great year!

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home